The mornings can be very difficult for some people to fully function, let alone to ask them what they are having for breakfast. Many Americans do not eat a regular breakfast during the week, and why? Because they do not have the time in the morning, they skip and just wait for lunch. But, by doing this you are putting yourself in a deeper situation - eating a heavier lunch or snacking on unhealthy things in effort of trying to fight the urge.
My members are told to try and eat something each morning. At first, it does seem difficult because you are used to it yet, but once you put your body in the habit, you will find there are many benefits. So, the next question for my busy individuals trying to be healthy, and avoid the donut cart outside your job - what should I eat?
My suggestion: OATMEAL!
Oatmeal has many great benefits.
Why is oatmeal so good?
1. Can assist in weight loss: Oatmeal is full of FIBER, and when we have fiber, we feel fuller longer. This will help you cut down on your snacks in between breakfast and lunch.
2. Lower Cholesterol: When people think of healthy living, they think it means doing right to avoid diabetes and high blood pressure, but some people need to lower their cholesterol, especially bad cholesterol. The MayoClinic recommends one in need of lower their cholesterol, to eat oatmeal.
3. Whole Grain: Oatmeal is a whole grain, and this can help in lowering your risk of high blood pressure and Type 2 Diabetes. Making your own oatmeal is the best option because most packaged oatmeal can be full of sugar and sodium - two negatives.
4. Nutrients can lower risk of cancer: The nutrients and fiber found in oatmeal can lower one's risk of certain cancers.
5. Fast and Easy to Make: Can be made quick and easily in the microwave or using a small pan. This will help people who need to eat breakfast, but cannot think of anything.
Do not force your body to wait until lunch time to feed it. Feeling dizzy or withdrawn is not healthy, and making sure you have the proper nutrients to get you through the day is most important. So, try oatmeal, and tell me what you think after a week.
TW aka Plus Size Health Nut