Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Alternative Breakfast Options

Goooooood morning!

Hope everyone had a great night - I did not sleep well last night - had coffee after 5pm yesterday, but I am here up and ready to go!

So, I wanted to talk to people about making real, smart choices because the reality is we are constantly on the GO! Busy people need real options. So, let's discuss breakfast options. Everyone thinks for breakfast you must have cereal or just fruit - not! Breakfast is so important, and depending on what you do for a living, you need something that is going to give you a boost of energy and fuel you for a few hours - your next meal should not be longer than 3-4 hours away.

Today I felt a taste for a muffin!!! Yes, you read it right - muffin. There is a place near my job called Garden of Eden. They are a little pricey, but most of their stuff is delicious! A few months ago a co-worker had me hooked on their orange cranberry whole grain cookies. Can I say awesome! Well, I cannot eat cookies too often, but then he discovered they made the same combination, but in a muffin. OMG this muffin is to die for.

Doesn't that look great? MMMMMMMM... No, you should not have this every morning, but when you want to treat yourself do so - let those taste buds get some other flavors from here and there. But, the key is for you to SHARE THE MUFFIN! You see my muffin is cut into two parts, and I purposely do that so I will take my half and put the other away. Since I work at a school, and most students do not eat breakfast, within 5 minutes I was able to get rid of the other half.
 
So, you are getting the taste you're desiring, but you also get to  cut those calories in half. Remember, this is not about never having these things again, but it is about making sure you do it wisely. This is why I am here to help you and guide you.
 
So, the next time you want to have something that you cannot have everyday - have it, but SHARE it with a friend or co-worker.
 
TW aka Plus Size Health Nut
 

No comments:

Post a Comment